Buckingham Youth Baseball FAQS
Where can I register my child or find registration information?
Simply click on the registration link at the top of this page.
What is needed to complete my registration?
- Copy of Birth certificate
- A signed medical waiver- No doctor needed
- Payment – Online accepts credit cards only
When will the season start and end? There are 2 seasons. Follow website for more accurate dates.
- Fall Season – Registration opens around June and closes late August. Practices start early Sept and the season
will end by Thanksgiving.
- Spring Season – Registration starts In Nov and closes early January. Tryouts will be mid January. Practices start
late January and games will end early May.
- Managers will notify players when the teams have been selected.
- There are no team request from the Minors division and above as these teams are selected via draft
What is the time commitment?
- Weeknights Mon – Fri and possibly Sat mornings.
- Practices will be twice a week until games start. Practices are usually the same days every week but can vary.
- Games will be twice a week. Days will most likely vary.
DAYS ARE NOT DETERMINED UNTIL REGISTRATION IS CLOSED AND TEAMS HAVE BEEN SELECTED.
- Game schedules will be out 2 to 3 weeks after practices start.
- T-Ball and Rookie/Machine Pitch will have the earliest start times. Start time will be as early as 5:30.
- T-Ball practices for 1 hour
- Rookie/Machine Pitch division practices for 1:15-1:30
- Minors and Majors practice for 1 ½ hours to 2 hours
- Juniors practice 1 ½ to 2 hours
How do I sign up to be a volunteer? Volunteers are critical to having a successful season. The league is made up of
- When you register your child on the website it will ask you if you would like to volunteer. Please click on the
- Once approved volunteers will receive an email to complete their background check and any coaches traiing if applicable
My child has never played before. Can my child play?
- Yes, all kids can play. There is no experience requirements
Do you offer Softball?
- We do not offer softball, however all our divisions are unisex and we offer equal opportunity to play regardless of gender.
What equipment is needed?
- Glove and pants are required.
- Baseball cleats (optional but recommended, your tennis shoes will turn orange)
- Bat (optional) * Please see bat requirements for each division by visiting https://www.baberuthleague.org/bat-rules.aspx
- Helmet (optional but many parents buy them) They will last a couple of seasons
- ***DUE TO COVID PROTOCOLS THERE WILL BE NO SHARING OF EQUIPMENT.